It was relatively nice...many people welcomed me back, both coworkers and clients. My supervisor wasn't there--she should return today. I have been praying for the ability to behave appropriately. It worked yesterday, but today will be the real test.
I learned last night that I am to be a grandmother again. I may not have been able to have all the children I hoped for as a young woman, but I am blessed with many grandchildren!
I have to swoop by the bank on my way to work this morning to get a notarized statement saying I am who I say I am so I can get a certified copy of my birth certificate. Would you believe I have never had one before? Almost 53 years on this earth and no "official" birth certificate. I understand that we can no longer renew our drivers license w/o a birth certificate? Anyway, I am on my way to get a passport, which I may need pretty soon (woohoo!!), so I am paying the outrageous fees to expedite the process.
I think it is amazing how life has changed so much since I was a very young person. (Like the need for a copy of my birth certificate, as opposed to my never having needed one until now) I wonder what other changes I will see during my lifetime...which I hope is a very long and pleasant one! There is always something new to learn. Pretty cool.
Time to get ready for work. I am going to try to mail a couple of packages today.
1 comment:
okay, i'm assuming is Marissa who is expecting??? More details please!!!
Post a Comment