This morning was very foggy....summer--what summer??--and I was enticed to talk a walk on the beach. I know, there's a surprise, huh? When I got to the place where the street turns into a sandy beach approach, where I can usually see the ocean, I couldn't see the ocean. I walked to the water's edge, and then I was able to see through the mist, what appeared to be a small island. There were several birds of varying species resting there. Of course there were the requisite seagulls, but they were entertaining geese, and I think I saw PELICANS. I have to look up somewhere to find out if we really do have pelicans here, or if my eyes were playing tricks on me. I love having the beach almost in my back yard. I really enjoy walking anywhere I can walk to without crippling myself.
I have more planning to do for this trip to the lovely Tri-cities. I will report back later.
No comments:
Post a Comment