Thursday, August 7, 2008

shuckee darn

It is with a heavy heart that I report that I was called by one of the organizations that interviewed me for a job, and I was informed that I did not get the job. Without thinking, I said "Thank you!" and then quickly caught myself and added, "For letting me know." Now I can honestly report that I did not turn down any offers of work this week. Unless someone else calls and offers me a job. The job I really want hasn't started interviews yet. I am not really qualified for the job--no degree--but I am hoping that my experience will weigh in pretty heavily. The next time I have money, in addition to buying a dependable car, I might have to get into school & at least finish my AA degree. I wish I could be a full-time student, but unless a wealthy relative that I don't know about dies and leaves me a LOT of $$$, that will not happen. Since I don't play the Lotto anymore (not that it was a habit before) I can't even count that as a possibility.

The unemployment people talked to me yesterday about the details of my separation from the job from you-know-where. Hopefully, the decision will be in my favor and I will start getting unemployment checks. Soon.

I accidentally spent a few hours reading this late morning/early afternoon reading the BOM. I was reading Sunday's lesson, and I got caught up with the story and finished Alma & Helaman. That Samuel is a chatty guy!

Time for a little walk to the store--I need a little exercise after sitting on my tush reading for so long today. This IS such a hard life, isn't it?

No comments: