Well, this is ok. Facebook has taken over and left blogs in their dust. I am not so good with Facebook. So I can use this blog as a sort of journal. I don't think anyone reads my blog anymore.
My Jenna is soldiering through chemo and radiation to provide more protection after having surgery to remove cancer. The doctors are pretty sure they got all the cancer, But to give Jenna the best possible shot at beating this cancer, they have recommended an aggressive combination of chemo and radiation at the same time. I got to sit with her yesterday while she was getting a 4 hour dose of chemo. I am trying really hard to not be a "helicopter mom" and give Jen the space she needs to do this treatment in her own way. I want to tell the doctors what to do. I want to do something--anything--to make her all right. She is so brave and determined. I am so proud of this strong woman who is my daughter. She is my hero.
I hate being so far away. And really I am not far. It is a 4 hour drive (younger faster drivers make it in less time) and I just made it and stayed the weekend with Jenna & her family. The naughty pugs love me and little Lola.
I have to read my scriptures and get to bed. I am really tired these days. I might be thinking too much. **smile**
No comments:
Post a Comment